General Plan Update
The City of Saratoga’s General Plan helps guide the growth and land development of the community, while preserving open space areas and enhancing the quality of life for residents. Saratoga's comprehensive General Plan was prepared in 1983. Since 1983, the City has updated the General Plan Elements one or two at a time based on State requirements.
In April 2018, the City of Saratoga began an 18 month process to refresh and make minor policy updates to three elements of the City’s General Plan (Land Use, Circulation, and Open Space & Conservation), and format the elements to provide a cohesive document. The updated elements will be combined with the existing Housing, Safety, and Noise Elements and the Hillside Specific Plan to comprise the Saratoga 2040 General Plan.
The Saratoga 2040 General Plan seeks to maintain the predominantly small-town residential character of Saratoga, while encouraging the economic viability of the city’s established commercial and office areas. The Saratoga 2040 General Plan strives to encourage healthy, active living, reduce traffic congestion and fossil fuel use, and improve the safety and quality of life of residents by providing safe, convenient, and comfortable routes for walking, bicycling, and public transportation.
The City will hold a Public Scoping Meeting to share information about the proposed project and receive input on the scope of the environmental issues to be addressed in the Environmental Impact Report.
Thursday, June 28, 2018
Saratoga Senior Center, Saunders Room
19655 Allendale Avenue
The Planning Commission previously held four Study Sessions, each focused on one of the three elements to be updated.
- February 27, 2018: Land Use Element
- March 13, 2018 and May 8, 2018: Circulation Element (with Traffic Safety Commission)
- March 27, 2018: Open Space and Conservation Element (with Parks & Recreation Commission)
Saratoga Village Plan Update Meetings:
Saratoga 2040 General Plan Documents
Current General Plan Elements and Related Documents
- General Plan Map (PDF)
- Circulation and Scenic Highway Element (Dated: November 17, 2010) (PDF)
- General Plan Introduction and Background (Dated: May 4, 1983) (PDF)
- Hillside Specific Plan (Revised: December 11, 2017) (PDF)
- Housing Element 2015 - 2023 (Dated: November 2014) (PDF)
- Land Use Element (Dated: June 6, 2007) (PDF)
- Noise Element (Dated: March 5, 2014) (PDF)
- Open Space and Conservation Element (Dated: June 6, 2007) (PDF)
- Safety Element (Dated: February 20, 2013) (PDF)
- Area Plans (Dated: August 17, 1988) (PDF)