How do I get my property off the list?
After 3 consecutive years of compliance, properties are removed from the Weed Abatement Program list. Owners who feel their property is listed by mistake or have made substantial changes to the property to eliminate the potential for hazardous vegetation (like new landscaping or hardscape) may ask Weed Abatement staff to consider removal of the property (call 408-282-3145). Owners can also ask the City Council to remove their property from the Weed Abatement Program list during hearings in January and March.

Owners that have violated Brush Abatement Program requirements can ask the City Council not to refer their property to Weed Abatement for correction of violations during a hearing in June.

Show All Answers

1. What if my property doesn't comply with the standards?
2. How do I get my property off the list?
3. What is the deadline to meet requirements?
4. What if I can't meet the deadline?
5. What are the fees for the programs?
6. How will I be billed?
7. How do I raise objections to fees?
8. Where is the Wildland Urban Interface (WUI) area of the City?
9. What is defensible space?