| || || |
|Plan Submittal Requirements|
PLAN SUBMITTAL REQUIREMENTS
Building Department hours are Monday – Thursday – 8:00am to 12:00pm and l:00pm to 5:00pm.
(408) 868-1201. (We are closed every Friday)
Plan submittals do not require an appointment. Incomplete plans will not be accepted.
FOUR SETS of plans to include: (Signed by designer/architect and structural engineer when applicable
Plans need to be 24 x 36 min.)
• Plot Plan/Site Plan (first sheet): Show the location of all structures on the property with accompanying
measurements to property lines; show all easements and setbacks; include title block with parcel number
and owner’s name. In most cases,
the site plan must be signed/stamped by a California Licensed Land Surveyor.
• Foundation Plan: Show the dimensions and details of all foundation work including piers and reinforcing steel.
• Floor Plan: Show all rooms, doors, windows, cabinets, plumbing, electrical and heating appliances and fixtures.
• Elevations: Clearly delineate the exterior of the project to include doors, windows,
roof and wall coverings, pad elevations and overall height.
• Sections: Detailed sections shall indicate structural components, connections,
species and grade of framing members, etc.
• Title 24/Energy Compliance Forms: CF and MF energy documents must be printed
or sticky-backed on the construction plans. Additionally, insulation R- values and appliance efficiency
shall be indicated on the plans.
TWO SETS of the following documentation: (When applicable)
• Structural Calculations (signed and stamped by a Registered Civil Engineer).
• Title 24 Energy Documentation.
• Geotechnical/Soil Reports. (Required for all new buildings, 2nd floor and basement additions
or any project with an unconventional foundation design.)
The turn-around-time for plan review varies depending on construction activity during the year.
Generally, the initial plan review takes approximately 4 to 6 weeks.
Some projects may be routed to a third party plan checker.