It is the mission of the Pedestrian, Equestrian, and Bicycle Trails Advisory Committee to advise the city regarding the planning, acquisition, and development of trails and sidewalks and to maintain the trails network to enhance the quality of life in Saratoga.
Jim Stallman, Chair
Ray Cosyn, Citizen Advisor
Marianne Swan, Citizen Advisor
Ann Waltonsmith, Citizen Advisor
Phone / Fax: (408) 868-1274
Agendas & Minutes
Schedule of Meetings in 2015:
Note: All meetings are held in the Administrative Conference Room at 13777 Fruitvale Ave, Saratoga, unless noted otherwise
· January 20, 2015 at 4:00 p.m.
· March 18, 2015 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. - a joint meeting with Saratoga City Council and Parks and Recreation Commission
· July 21, 2015 at 4:00 p.m.
· October 20, 2015 at 4:00 p.m.
Trail Related Proposed Capital Improvement Projects - CURRENTLY UNFUNDED:
· Congress Springs Park North Side Entrance - Trail connecting residential neighborhood around Cox Avenue east of Highway 85 to north side of Congress Springs Park (see aerial overview of path route, similar examples of trails next to freeways and site pictures)
· Via Regina Trail - Pedestrian-equestrian trail connecting Via Regina and Villa Oaks Lane
· Saratoga Creek Trail - Trail along Saratoga Creek running the length of the Village
· Joe's Trail at Saratoga de Anza - Develop trail from Saratoga-Sunnyvale Road to Arroyo de Arguello
· Village to Hakone Garden Trail - Trail along Big Basin Way from Village to Hakone Gardens
Quarry Park Master Plan Development
The City of Saratoga recently purchased 64-acre Quarry Property located on Highway 9 (Congress Springs Road) near the Historic Saratoga Village and Hakone Gardens. A community planning process to create a vision that will guide the development of the new Saratoga Quarry Park is currently in progress.
- Visit Quarry Park web page to learn more about the planning process.
- Take a virtual tour of the Quarry Property lead by Council Member Howard Miller.
Development of a city-wide trail system is a long process. Trail easements are acquired piece by piece and many years may pass until a continuous trail is constructed. Long-term plans for trail system and bicycle lanes in Saratoga are part of the General Plan including Existing and Proposed Trail Map and Existing and Planned Bicycle Facilities.
Many trails have been developed over years and are available for pedestrians' and equestrians' enjoyment. Several individual trail maps for trails and pathways users are available for download or pick-up at City Hall. Please refer to the trail map descriptions below or use the City Trails Map to find the areas shown on the individual trail maps. Additional trails will be added to the trail maps as they are developed.