| || || |
|Trails Advisory Committee|
It is the mission of the Pedestrian, Equestrian, and Bicycle Trails Advisory Committee to advise the City regarding the planning, acquisition, and development of trails and sidewalks and to maintain the trials network to enhance the quality of life in Saratoga.
Jim Stallman, Chair
Marianne Swan, Citizen Advisor
Ann Waltonsmith, Citizen Advisor
Phone / Fax: (408) 868-1296
Agendas & Minutes
Schedule of Meetings in 2017:
Note: All meetings are held in the Administrative Conference Room at 13777 Fruitvale Ave, Saratoga, CA 95070 unless noted otherwise.
- January 17, 2017 at 4:00 p.m.
- April 18, 2017 at 4:00 p.m. - meeting cancelled
- July 18, 2017 at 4:00 p.m.
- October 24, 2017 at 4:00 p.m.
Interactive City Trail Map
Trail Related Proposed Capital Improvement Projects - CURRENTLY UNFUNDED:
· Congress Springs Park North Side Entrance - Trail connecting residential neighborhood around Cox Avenue east of Highway 85 to north side of Congress Springs Park (see aerial overview of path route, similar examples of trails next to freeways and site pictures)
· Via Regina Trail - Pedestrian-equestrian trail connecting Via Regina and Villa Oaks Lane
· Saratoga Creek Trail - Trail along Saratoga Creek running the length of the Village
· Joe's Trail at Saratoga de Anza - Develop trail from Saratoga-Sunnyvale Road to Arroyo de Arguello
· Village to Hakone Garden Trail - Trail along Big Basin Way from Village to Hakone Gardens
Quarry Park Open! The newest park in our City is now open to visitors. Opening hours are dawn to dusk.
Development of a city-wide trail system is a long process. Trail easements are acquired piece by piece and many years may pass until a continuous trail is constructed. Long-term plans for trail system and bicycle lanes in Saratoga are part of the General Plan including Existing and Proposed Trail Map and Existing and Planned Bicycle Facilities.
Many trails have been developed over years and are available for pedestrians' and equestrians' enjoyment. Several individual trail maps for trails and pathways users are available for download or pick-up at City Hall. Please refer to the trail map descriptions below or use the City Trails Map to find the areas shown on the individual trail maps. Additional trails will be added to the trail maps as they are developed.
Joe's Trail at Saratoga de Anza is the newest trail in Saratoga and the only pedestrian and bicycle trail (class I bicycle facility)
Heritage Loop Trail Map includes trails within triangle bordered by Saratoga Avenue, Saratoga-Los Gatos Road and Fruitvale Avenue
Heritage Orchard Vicinity Trail Map includes trails within the Heritage Orchard and a short trail along Saratoga Creek
Mount Eden Area Trail Map includes pedestrian-equestrian trails in the Mount Eden Road and Villa Oaks Lane vicinity
Parker Ranch Trails Map shows trail loop in Parker Ranch area connecting to Fremont Older Open Space (part of Midpeninsula Regional Open Space District trail system)
San Marcos Open Space Trail Map includes trail loop through San Marcos Open Space
Saratoga Village includes Wildwood Park, Blaney Plaza, Historical Park and Museum, and a public pedestrian access to Saratoga Creek
Bike Through Saratoga's Past includes a bike route with stops at historic sites throughout the City (route created and provided by Saratoga Historical Foundation)
Kevin Moran and Azule Parks Map shows trail loops through both parks and park amenities
Quarry Park shows trails through the new Quarry Park
Trail Related Notices:
Re-introduction of Dogs On-leash Access at Sanborn County Park - notice