| || || |
|In 2009, the City of Saratoga joined the County of Santa Clara and other cities in the Santa Clara Valley as a member of the CaliforniaFIRST property assessed clean energy (PACE) program. Through the CaliforniaFIRST PACE program, property owners in Saratoga can receive a loan to fund energy efficiency, renewable energy, and water saving improvement projects on their home. The loan is then repaid through property taxes for a period of up to 25 years.
CaliforniaFIRST Program Features:
- 100% financing option
- Repayment terms of 5, 10, 15, 20, or 25 years with no prepayment penalties
- Balance may transfer to new owner upon sale of home
Some of the Eligible Projects Include:
- Updating heating & air conditioning systems
- Replacing inefficient lighting, doors, and windows
- Installing drought tolerant landscaping
- Installing solar panels or wind turbines
- Adding an electric vehicle charging station
In addition to services available to residents, CaliforniaFIRST also offers financing for commercial properties. Loans are property qualified and can be paid back over a period of up to 20 years. Additionally, the balance can be transferred to a new owner upon sale.
To learn more about CaliforniaFIRST or apply online, visit https://californiafirst.org/.