Event Permits
The City of Saratoga offers Special Event, Block Party, and Noise Exception Permits to ensure streamlined and customer-friendly processes for event coordinators. The City recognizes that local events contribute to a positive sense of community and better quality of life. These permits are offered to improve communication between event organizers and the City, and ensure events are successful.

Special Event Permits
Special Event Permits are required for block parties, parades, footraces, and festivals that close any sidewalk or street to regular traffic. The Special Event permit shall also apply to events that occur in parking districts that are owned and operated by the City. The Special Event Permit Application must be submitted to the Community Development Department no later than 40 days before to the event. The cost of the permit is $100. The fee is waived for block parties.

Saratoga City Code: Special Event Permit

Special Event Permit Application

Block Party Permits
Residents planning to host a block party should fill out a Special Event Permit application (above). The $100 fee and insurance requirement are waived for block parties.

Block party organizers should download the Block Party Signature Form (below). Organizers should make additional copies of the form as needed to obtain all signatures on the block. The City of Saratoga requires signatures of notification from all properties within the closed street area. Please make three (3) attempts to acquire a signature. If you cannot obtain a signature after three attempts, note the address, leave a flyer, and submit the flyer to the City of Saratoga. The flyer should include the date, time, and organizer contact information.

Block Party Signature Form

For more information on Special Event or Block Party Permits, contact:
Paige White
Community Development Department
(408) 868-1230

Other Necessary Information

Park or Facility Rentals
To find out more information about reserving City parks, visit the
Facilities and Parks Reservation Page.

For questions about parks or facilities rentals, contact:
Nina Walker
Recreation and Facilities Department
(408) 868-1259

Noise Exception Permits
A Noise Exception Permit may be recommended depending on the level of noise anticipated during the event and in accordance with the City's current 
Noise Ordinance, Chapter 7, Article 7-30.090. Noise Exception Permits cost $50 per event. A completed application and check should be dropped off to the Community Development Department at Saratoga City Hall, located at 13777 Fruitvale Avenue.

Noise Exception Permit Application

For more information on Noise Exception Permits, contact:
Paige White
Community Development Department
(408) 868-1230