The Building Inspection Division is responsible for administering the California Building Code requirements, though plan-checking, building permits, and on-site inspection process.
- To reach Building staff, please email email@example.com call 408.868.1290.
- Under the County Public Health Order, compliance with social distancing protocols is required at construction sites:
- To submit plans for new building permits, upload a PDF to a cloud-based storage site, then email the URL to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not have access to a file sharing program, email Jen to receive a link where you can drop your files.
- Request a building permit inspection using the City's eTRAKiT system at www.saratoga.ca.us/inspections
- For all other Building Department inquiries and general questions, please contact email@example.com
Please note that online permit payment is temporarily unavailable.
Online Permit Application Guide
The City has launched a new online permit application guide to help you prepare your building permit applications. The guides are tailored for different types of residential projects and will provide you with information for your specific property, such as zoning and setback requirements, as well as the forms and plans that are necessary for submittal. The guided can also flag features of the site that may require additional information, such as geological and fire hazard zones.
You must create an account to submit a building or planning application with the necessary documents. If you visit as a guest, you can explore general information, but cannot submit an application. We welcome any feedback you have about this new tool!
- Plan Submittal Requirements
- Grading Permits - Plan Submittal Requirements (PDF)
- Erosion Field Manual (PDF)
Building Permit Information
Building Permit Activity Reports are available on the City’s website.
For more information, contact the Permit Technician.
Please note that online inspection scheduling is temporarily unavailable.
To schedule an inspection, please call 408.868.1201 and leave your name, permit number, and a phone number where you can be reached. You will be called back during business hours and scheduled for the next available inspection. We apologize for this temporary inconvenience.
Green Halo Waste Management
The California Green Building Code requires 65% of all non-hazardous construction and demolition waste be diverted from landfills by salvage or recycling. Applicants are required to submit a Waste Management Plan through Green Halo Systems, which tracks waste diversion and recycling and monitors compliance with State regulations.