The Building Inspection Division is responsible for administering the California Building Code requirements, though plan-checking, building permits, and on-site inspection process. Due to the Public Health Order to Shelter at Home, the following temporary measures have been implemented to prioritize the health and safety of residents, contractors, and City staff.
- The Permit Center is locked during business hours.
- Building activities can be conducted virtually. Services will remain uninterrupted.
- To reach Building staff, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 408.868.1290.
- Under the new County Public Health Order, many construction projects can resume. Compliance with social distancing protocols is required at construction sites:
- To submit plans for new building permits, upload a PDF to a cloud-based storage site, then email the URL to email@example.com. If you do not have access to a file sharing program, email Jen to receive a link where you can drop your files.
- Building permit inspections will be done virtually whenever possible. Request a building permit inspection using the City's eTRAKiT system at www.saratoga.ca.us/inspections
- For all other Building Department inquiries and general questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Plan Submittal Requirements
- Grading Permits - Plan Submittal Requirements (PDF)
- Erosion Field Manual (PDF)
Building Permit Information
Building Permit Activity Reports are available on the City’s website.
For more information, contact the Permit Technician.
Green Halo Waste Management
The California Green Building Code requires 65% of all non-hazardous construction and demolition waste be diverted from landfills by salvage or recycling. Applicants are required to submit a Waste Management Plan through Green Halo Systems, which tracks waste diversion and recycling and monitors compliance with State regulations.