Located in the Office of the City Manager, the City Clerk is your liaison to the City Council, researching legislative data and coordinating responses to requests for specific action or information on City-related services.
The City Clerk fills a variety of roles, from record keeper to public contact, and has a variety of responsibilities that include:
- Responding to requests for public records
- Providing information about City services
- Overseeing elections
- Researching legislation, maintaining records such as legislative proceedings, and Council agendas and minutes
- Conducting recruitments to fill vacancies on City Commissions
- Serving as Filing Officer for Fair Political Practices Commission (FPPC)
The Mayor and City Council Members are among elected officials identified in Government Code Section 87200 that must file Statement of Economic Interest Forms (Form 700) with the City Clerk’s Office.
You can view submitted Form 700s by visiting:
- the City’s online Form 700 portal,
- the City Clerk’s office (13777 Fruitvale Avenue, Saratoga, CA 95070),
- the FPPC office (428 J Street, Suite 620, Sacramento, CA 95814), or
- the FPPC’s website.
Laserfiche Weblink Repository
The City Clerk Department maintains the City of Saratoga Laserfiche Weblink Repository. This system allows citizens to access various public records. If you have any questions, please call the City Clerk during regular business hours.