City Council Elections
2018 City Council Election
- Election Day is November 6, 2018. This year, Saratoga voters can vote for 3 Candidates to be elected to the City Council.
- Register to vote online, or check if you are already registered. Paper registration forms are also available in multiple languages at Saratoga City Hall (13777 Fruitvale Avenue). Completed forms can be mailed to the Registrar of Voters (P.O. Box 611300, San Jose, CA 95161-1300).
- Vote by Mail ballots will be mailed beginning the week of October 8, 2018. Ballots must be returned by 8:00 p.m. on Election Day, or postmarked on or before Election Day and received no later than three days after Election Day. Ballot boxes with be available at City Hall.
- Early Voting is open to all registered voters in Santa Clara County. View a list of Early Voting Centers along with the dates and times they are open.
- Find your Polling Place to vote in person on Election Day. Polling locations will be open from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
City Council Candidates
View the 2018 Qualified City Council Candidates and contact information (PDF) and Campaign Disclosure Forms. You can also read each Candidate's Ballot Statement:
Write-In Candidate Process
To vote for a candidate not listed on the ballot, print the name of the qualified write-in candidate in the blank space. Only qualified write-in candidates will be counted.
Running for City Council
About The City Council
- Council Members are elected at-large and serve a 4-year term.
- The Mayor and Vice Mayor are appointed every year in December by the City Council and serve for one year.
- Regular City Council Meetings are held on the first, and third Wednesday of each month at 7:00 p.m.
To run for City Council, candidates must be 18 years and older and a resident and registered voter within the City of Saratoga.
Every election begins with a “nomination period.” This is the period of time that begins 113 days before the day of the election and ends 88 days before the day of the election. The nomination period for the November 6, 2018 election closed on August 10, 2018.
Candidates can consult the City of Saratoga City Code Section 15.30.060(e) to ensure that their signs are placed at proper locations as mentioned. You may also contact Code Compliance Officer Paige Olanié.