Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Santa Clara County Public Health Department is the lead agency responding to novel coronavirus (COVID-19) in our County and will always provide the most current information and recommendations. Older adults and people who have serious chronic medical conditions (heart disease, diabetes, lung disease, etc.) are at a higher risk of getting very sick and should take extra precautions.
City Hall Closure
We have been facing the unprecedented challenge of slowing down the spread of novel coronavirus while continuing to serve the Saratoga community and provide the essential functions of local government. We have already adapted many of our practices based on mandatory orders and evolving recommendations from the Santa Clara County Department of Public Health, California Department of Public Health, and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. As a result of the Public Health Order to Shelter at Home, the following updates have been made to City of Saratoga services:
- City Hall is closed to walk in visitors.
- Most planning and building services are available virtually. The Permit Center is closed to walk in visitors, but in person appointments will be held when necessary.
- Play equipment at all City parks is closed.
- Santa Clara County Sheriff’s Office and Fire Department services will continue. In the event of an emergency or if you need immediate assistance, call 9-1-1.
- If you suspect a tree is being illegally removed, call the Sheriff’s Office at 408.299.3233.
- Fallen trees, landslides, and flooding on roads and public property can be reported to County Communications at 408.299.2507.
- Garbage and recycling collection will continue.
- Parks, streets, maintenance, and code compliance requests can be submitted to www.saratoga.ca.us/fixit. They will be reviewed to determine if they are essential for health or safety reasons.
- Facility rental and median banner reservations are not available at this time.
- The Saratoga Senior Center is closed, but they continue to serve seniors.
- Information on County services, including libraries and Vector Control, can be found on the County of Santa Clara website.
Community Development Department
The Community Development Department is working to meet the needs of residents while complying with the new Public Health Order. To continue providing services, we are implementing temporary measures to prioritize the health and safety of residents, contractors, and City staff. Learn more about the Planning Division, Building Division, and construction activities.
City Council and Commission Meetings
City Council and Commission meetings will be evaluated on an ongoing basis. When meetings are held, they will be held virtually to provide the safest environment for the public, elected officials, and staff while allowing for continued operation of the government and public participation during the COVID‐19 pandemic.
All Council/Commission members and City staff will participate through Zoom. Members of the public can speak on items they are interested in by joining the meeting using the Zoom website or app, or by calling in. The public can watch the meeting through Zoom, on KSAR Channel 15, or on the City’s website. Detailed participation instructions for each meeting will be available on the meeting agendas. Before meetings, the public can also submit comments to the City Council or submit comments to Commissions/Committees.
Last Updated: June 2, 2020