Mayor Kookie Fitzsimmons
I’m honored that my fellow City Council Members unanimously selected me to serve as Mayor. My family has called this community home for three generations, and I’m the first person who was born and raised in Saratoga to be elected to the City Council and to serve as Mayor. I learned what it means to be a team player from a young age, and I bring that perspective with me to the City Council.
Before being elected to the City Council in 2020, I also served on the City’s Planning Commission for over 6 years. My strong ties to the city extend to the Saratoga Village and business community as well. For 15 years, my family and I owned and operated an antique store and flower shop in the Village. I have always been passionate about finding opportunities to volunteer and serve this community that means so much to me.
Some of my favorite memories throughout 30 years of volunteering have been serving with the following organizations:
- Village Merchants Association President
- Blossom Festival Chair
- Village Halloween Costume Walk Chair
- Saratoga Business Development Council charter member
- West Valley Community Services
- Highway 9 cleanup projects
- Saratoga Rotary
- Saratoga Planning Commission
There are several key issues I plan to focus on during my term as Mayor, including ensuring fiscal responsibility and maintaining a balanced budget, working with the Santa Clara County Sheriff’s Office to keep Saratoga safe, and exploring ways to support local businesses. I’m certain that, together, this City Council can make a difference when it comes to these subjects and more. I’m so enthusiastic about working with this dynamic group of individuals and leveraging our diverse backgrounds and experience to do our best for Saratoga. I look forward to all that is ahead!
- Cities Association of Santa Clara County - Selection Committee
- West Valley Mayors and Managers Association
- Saratoga Area Senior Coordinating Council (SASCC)
- Council Finance Committee