New Public Health Order
Today, the Santa Clara County Health Officer Order announced the Order to Shelter at Home has been extended through May 31. The updated order also allows some businesses and activities to resume. This is a partial summary of the new order. For full details, visit www.sccgov.org/coronavirus
and read the frequently asked questions
The new order
goes into effect on Monday, May 4. Because Santa Clara County has successfully slowed the spread of COVID-19, the new order allows certain businesses and activities to resume, including the following:
- All construction projects allowed by the state order that follow the Construction Project Safety Protocols issued as part of this order;
- All real estate transactions;
- Childcare establishments, summer camps, and educational and recreational programs that provide care for children of persons who are allowed to work outside of their homes, so long as those organizations comply with certain protocols;
- Outdoor businesses such as nurseries, landscaping, and agriculture that normally operated outdoors prior to the shelter in place orders; and
- Use of certain outdoor recreational facilities. All businesses operating in the County must update or create a Social Distancing Protocol to reflect new requirements specified in the order.
Where there are differences between the local Health Officer’s order and the state’s order, everyone must follow the stricter restrictions. In some areas, the state order is stricter than the local order.
The City of Saratoga is currently reviewing how the new order impacts City services such as permits for residential construction and is preparing to restore services allowed under the order. We will provide updates as soon as possible by email, social media, and on the City’s website at www.saratoga.ca.us/COVID19
Saratoga Sunny Side Up
Start your mornings with Saratoga Sunny Side Up! Join Mayor Howard Miller on Zoom for this informational talk show on Mondays and Wednesdays at 9:00 a.m. Visit www.saratoga.ca.us/sunny to view the guest schedule, register, and submit questions or share acts of kindness to be recognized on the show.