Tips & Trends
Watch out for scammers trying to take advantage of you during the pandemic. Follow these tips to protect yourself from coronavirus scammers:
- The IRS will never contact you via phone or email with information about your stimulus payment or ask you to pay in order to get your money.
- Ignore online ads for vaccinations or miracle cures. There are no products proven to treat or prevent COVID-19.
- Only trust COVID-19 test kits from your doctor, the CDC, FDA, or other government sources.
- Ignore emails claiming to be from the CDC or WHO. Get your information from official sites like coronavirus.gov, usa.gov/coronavirus, and sccgov.org.
- Find trusted sources of information and discourage others from sharing information from unverified sources
To report a scam or other consumer program related to COVID-19, visit the Federal Trade Commission's website.