New Public Health Order
Because of the substantial progress our community has achieved in slowing the spread of COVID-19, the Santa Clara County Health Officer announced an updated Shelter-in-Place Order
that allows certain additional businesses and activities to resume, subject to restrictions to reduce transmission risk. The Order also makes important changes to the Social Distancing Protocol requirements for all operating businesses. The new order goes into effect on Friday, May 22.
Notable changes include:
- Retail stores may reopen for sales, but only for curbside/outside pickup or by delivery. Customers are not allowed to enter these retail stores. These retail stores must also comply with several additional operating conditions:
- They cannot move goods outside the store to display and sell.
- They must limit the number of workers inside the facility as described in the Order.
- They must have direct access to a sidewalk, street, outdoor walkway, parking lot, or alley for pickup.
- The Order allows businesses that support these retail businesses to resume operating, including those that manufacture goods sold at these stores and businesses that provide warehousing and distribution services.
- The general public may participate in car parades, so long as they ride in cars only with members of their households and do not leave the cars during the parade or stop to gather at a fixed location. Bicycles and motorcycles are not allowed to join car parades.
This is a partial summary of the new order. Visit www.sccgov.org/coronavirus
for full details on the order.
Saratoga Sunny Side Up
Start your mornings with Saratoga Sunny Side Up! Join Mayor Howard Miller on Zoom for this informational talk show on Wednesdays at 9:00 a.m. Visit www.saratoga.ca.us/sunny to view the guest schedule, register, and submit questions or share acts of kindness to be recognized on the show.